Head of Team
dr inż. Piotr Jankowski
tel. +48 568 24 63
- Studies on reduction of flammability of plastics (polyethylene, polypropylene, polyester resins, epoxy resins, polyurethanes, polystyrene and others).
- Synthesis and modification of halogen free flame retardants – including Intumescent Flame Retardant System (IFRs), synthesis of flame retardants based on epoxy resin technology.
- Selection of flame retardants that work effectively in combination with a given plastic.
- Technologies of polyester resins, epoxy resins – including resins with special properties, liquid, low-melting, solid epoxy resins, elasticizing agents for epoxy resins.
- Technologies of composites including nanocomposites duroplasts based.
- Synthesis of auxiliary substances to selected constructional resins – including plasticizers obtained from by-products and waste.
- Technology of urea, melamine and phenol formaldehyde resins – including melamine foam and resins with reduced of formaldehyde emission.
- Technology of polyurethanes – including new type of insulating materials (modular building), flexible polyurethane foams.
- Technologies of water-thinnable polyester resins.
- Optimization of already existing technologies related to the above topics.